7 Wedding Speech Writing Advisements
Wedding speech writing guidance embedded in an incomplex website template meant to fit like bridal gowns for all kinds of occasional master of ceremonies:
|These family-friendly do's and don'ts can be used easily by amateurs and (semi-) professional speakers: |
- Start gathering relevant and information and ideas for speech topics as soon as you are invited to speak, like these samples:
- Know what your place is in the speaking order at the party or ceremony line-up. Do you have to reply a toast or something?
Perhaps you are asked to introduce and present a gift on behalf of two of more people.
- Ask if the bridal couple wants you to speak about a special theme or subject. Discuss and examine the possibilities in case there suddenly is big turn-out.
- Don't be negative. Avoid to speak about very sad things in life, and about sex, politics and religion controversies.
Always stay polite, this is an important speech writing tip.
- Don't offend the couple and it's familymembers, friends and guests.
- Don't come up with embarrassing relationships of the bride and groom in the past. Especially affairs of the groom with other women are certainly not funny for the bride :-)
Do not mention them at all - never min there are among the guests ... and try to hide from being exposed as such.
- Use a conversational and friendly tone, avoid formal language. Try to see the whole writing process as writing a letter to a friend.
It helps to formulate easier and more in a uniform consistency.
Yes, but what should I say? - you're asking now. Well, in general speech ideas for a wedding can be divided in 5 categories.
You recognize the order in lots of talks. It looks if she or he just knocks them off but that is often not quite true.
|In order of of appearance:
- Welcome and congratulations
- Compliments and personal notes
- Key events
- Stories and anecdotes
- Wishes and toasts - often followed by the exchange of (perhaps virtual) presents and concrete gift boxes.
And you know what? This is a small, simple and effective wedding speechwriting template,
based on my top 30 wedding speech writing accelerators
- just pick out the speech topic ideas you need.
The main criteria are: the style of the ceremony and the kind of verbal address you have to give. I wish you good luck with implementing these wedding speech writing tips and shared know-how!