||TIP # 1: LENGTH |
It does not have to be long, and that ideally, it should be memorized. It takes a lot less time to memorize a one or two minute toast than you might think.
And for the most part, the shorter a speech, the better it is received by the listeners.
TIP # 2: SLOW DOWN
Remember that you should always speak more slowly than you think you need to. Especially when you have to deal with church acoustics...
|BABY GIFTS |
1. A first Bible is a great gift.
2. You may also want to think about getting a silver picture frame, complete with a family picture.
3. Or you may wish to think about jewelery that would be appropriate for the baby at a later age.
4. Personalized silver cups are another great gift item, engraved with a saying, wish, name, occasion, cross or date.
|SPEECH IDEA TOPICS |
1. Welcome the infant as a new member of church community.
2. Read a Bible quotation related to the religious baptizing.
3. Tell in your christening toast what the newborn means to you. Ask others to tell the same in one sentence. That's called real interaction!
4. If you choose for an adjustable pearl bracelet, you can speak about hopes you have for the life to come.
5. If you choose for generation jewelry featuring your loved ones' birthstones, than mark the day and ritual by exposing the crystals and whom they stand for.
6. Show the cup and tell what you want to say with it.
7. Read out loud wishes or sayings. And explain the relation with this day and baby.